When: Monday, September 26th 7-8:30 pm
Where: CrossFit LifeTree 6021 West Saanich Rd
Pelvic floor issues while exercising are more common than you think and often are not talked about in fitness communities.
We want to break the silence and help you get educated, informed and equipped with tools that will bring healing and hope.
Some of the topics covered:
- common pelvic floor issues when lifting / jumping / running (prolapse, leaking pee, leaking gas, pressure/heaviness, pelvic pain)
- how to modify your workout to reduce symptoms (breath, positioning etc)
- why bladder and bowel habits matter to your pelvic floor
- how to engage your core to help your pelvic floor
- postpartum recovery including “separated abs” or diastasis recti
- how soon to jump / run / train abs postpartum
- to Kegel or not to Kegel
- pelvic floor muscle anatomy and function
- when to see a pelvic physio
- what a pelvic physio assessment includes
- specific yoga poses to help your pelvic floor
Facilitator: Susannah Stewart
Susannah is a former gymnast and gymnastic coach, and current physiotherapist specialized in pelvic health. She’s passionate about empowering people to feel strong and confident in their bodies. She practices with an understanding of the mind body connection, and weaves yoga, nervous system regulation and meditation into her work. Sexual health is a main area of interest, as well as peripartum and perimenopausal care. Susannah loves lake swimming, Latin dancing, and delicious food.