What are we doing to help to keep you safe, healthy and well?
We are currently running our Group Fitness Classes Outdoors
- Due to the restrictions place on indoor fitness we are running all group classes outside in our workout area behind the building. Classes will run rain or shine so dress prepared for all weather.
Health Screening Protocol for Members
- The coach on duty asks all participants if they any COVID-19 symptoms (coughing, fever, sore throat or difficulty breathing) or any other illness symptoms. If they answer no then the coach will do a temperature check.
- The temperature is taken on the inside of the wrist. If they have a temperature reading shows under 38 degrees Celsius the participant may enter the gym or take part in the outdoor class.
- Members must reserve for all classes thus attendance history is kept for contact tracing purposes.
Indoor Open Gym Sessions and Personal Training
- We currently have a maximum capacity of 12 athletes in our 235 sq meter facility for individualized workouts and personal training sessions.
- Open Gym Sessions will be supervised but not coached.
- Door of the gym will remain open and HVAC system running anytime there are people exercising in the space.
Spacing of Athletes and Staff
- In our outdoor space athletes must remain 2 meters from others who are exercising.
- Coaches will maintain 2 m from athletes at all times.
- There is to be no congregating of members before, during or after the workout sessions.
- During personal training sessions or open gym there must be a 2.5 m space in all directions between members while exercising.
How we are minimizing transmission:
- One way traffic when entering and exiting the building.
- Cleaning and sanitization of all equipment used by members.
- No sharing of equipment between participants.
- All high touch surface are cleaned twice per day.
- Music volume is kept at speaking volume.
- Masks are not required for athletes in outdoor classes.
- Masks must be worn at all times in the gym, including when working out.
- We encourage individuals to bring their own mask but do have disposable masks for those who may need them.
COVID Risk Mitigation Protocol
- Read our full VIHA approved risk mitigation plan here.