On March 17th we closed our doors to our physical location and on March 18th you all picked up your equipment and we pivoted to online remote coaching. This pivot was so quick it made us dizzy but after the initial shock to our system we were all working out in our basements, back yards, bedrooms or any available space we could swing a DB overhead. We used bed sheets for ring rows. Laundry detergent for dumbbells and filled basketballs with sand for med balls. We rearranged our living rooms to make workout space, squatted with toddlers afoot and tutored math while holding the plank. The one thing we are not is quitters and each day we faced our customized workouts with courage and determination.
70 days later on May 25th we will be opening our doors to our physical location again to current members with an active membership. Most have not skipped a beat and some will return to the gym fitter than when they left. We are opening with many restrictions still in place and will have limited class sizes but it is the first step of many towards the reuniting of our community in the physical sense.
Here are the things you need to know about coming back:
- We are committed to your health and wellbeing as much as is in our control and one of our number one values has and will always be safety both in movement and environment.
- It will take you some time to adjust to being back in the gym. Some have not touched a barbell or pull up bar for 70 days. Be kind to yourself and know that progress will be quick and you will recover your strength and technique in no time.
- We will still have limited access to our physical space due to the current VIHA guidelines but due to your commitment to your at home workouts your training does not have to decrease in the process.
- When you reserve for a class you will now need to cancel 12hrs before the class starts if you do not intend on coming as we can no longer have last minute cancellations.
- If you do not feel ready to come back we will continue to train you at home. Everyone has a different level of comfort as they ease back into the new normal. We will meet you wherever you are at.
If you are a current member have any questions at all about the re-entry process please let us know. If you are not a member but are interested in joining our community please book a free call (link in our bio) so we can help get you started on the road to a stronger, healthier you.
Can’t wait to see you!